Friday, May 31, 2013

Food and Me (June 12)

I like food and food loves me, cause it goes and settles quite nicely in all the right places that it calls "home". And I for one have tried very hard(hardly) in the past to shoo it away with half hearted exercise regimes, my own way of controlled dieting and crash dieting(and oh! it crashed into the Grand Canyon on day 3).When I was young(yeah, "WAS") , I was skinny , never ate, had no cravings and life was bliss!!!And now I am eating one meal and deciding the menu for the next one.
The  other  day my older one, Adi said" Ma...aap aage se toh theek ho peeche se mote tagde dikte ho"..He doesn't mince his words.Poor fellow doesn't realize he is never gonna get a girl like this. And this sentence of his is the reason I am writing this note.
I have , in the past neglected myself and the subtle hints that my body gave , only because people flattered me with compliments and compared me to a some what famous actress(Vanity is my Name)...It got to my head ...I never understood the joke when they said I was the fatter older version of her.
But a serious wake up call , a lifelong need for medication and the much needed motivation has brought me to my senses.Though they say " Its never too late", But most of us make the mistake of postponing it till it's rather late.
I love food and food loves me... but now in moderation.. I exercise and I take care. And for all those who tell me I look like a certain actress.. let me tell u that she looks a bit like me and when she grows older and fatter she will look a lot more like me( Vanity is still my Name)!
Ma .. this note is specially for u.

No comments:

Post a Comment